Since 1975, World of Concrete (WOC) has been the concrete and masonry industries’ go-to meeting each year. Boasting more than 1,500 exhibiting companies and 58,000 registered industry professionals in more than 745,000 net square feet of exhibit space, WOC assembles the newest equipment, products, training and expertise in one location for businesses looking to increase efficiency and get the job done right. Held at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 21st through the 24th, Transhield was on hand exhibiting their revolutionary equipment protection solutions as well as our unique concrete curing cover, TopCure.
The Transhield team also got to roam the vast WOC exhibit floor and see what was new in the world of concrete and masonry, taking away integral knowledge of the latest innovations that are set to propel these industries forward.
Innovations That Caught Transhield’s Attention
- Remote Control Laser Screed: Manual screeding processes in traditional concrete construction are labor intense, requiring repetitive high-force hand/arm activity and awkward torso bending by laborers. Offering a savings over 400% in project execution time, cutting-edge Laser Screed® technology requires no form work in between to support surface vibrators, significantly reducing the number of joints needed for concrete flooring projects. Self-propelled, four-wheel drive and steer laser screeds feature a 20’ telescoping boom with a 12′ wide placement head, as well as a plow to disperse concrete evenly, an auger that removes excess material to finished grade, and a vibrator that smooths the surface. With an onboard computer system that determines and controls correct elevation heights, and an automatic laser control system to ensure an accurate level finish through the use of electro-hydraulic controls, laser screed technology can enable the construction of a 1,000 square meter concrete floor slab in less than 24 hours––conventional processes can require up to 4 days!
- Superplasticizers: Dramatically transforming stiff, low-slump concrete into flowing, pourable, easily-placed concrete, superplasticizers represent a noteworthy advance in concrete technology. Containing steel fibers and admixtures, superplasticizers, when combined with ready-mix concrete, create a composite material, improving workability, accelerating finish times, enhancing strength, conserving cement and water, while helping to reduce shrinkage and thermal cracking. Further, superplasticizers entail no joints or saw cuts within each pour, helping to eradicate a mile or more of joints per typical large-scale placement. Superplasticizers can be utilized in 3 unique ways:
- To form flowing, self-leveling concrete without increasing water, reducing cement or sacrificing strength
- To generate malleable, high performance concrete reducing the water proportion in the water-to-cement ratio
- To conserve cement by decreasing both water and cement contents while maintaining the same water-to-cement ratio and workability
WOC Was a Success for Transhield, in Many Ways
This year’s conference was not just a prime venue to spread the word about Transhield’s equipment protection and concrete curing solutions. At WOC 2019, the Transhield team networked with concrete and masonry leaders, learned about processes and practices that increase efficiency, and witnessed first-hand the innovations that will drive these sectors to new heights, gleaning valuable knowledge that allows Transhield to keep pace with the technology that is impacting the concrete and masonry industries.
To learn more about Transhield and TopCure, click here.